Search the blog

25 Oct 2009

Exhibitions by Our MA Students

Hello All,

The Museum & Gallery studies Theory-Practice divide was collapsed last week, with the final installation of the student's exhibitions at the Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery at Leeds University. Divided into two groups, the students divised two fantastic exhibitions......

A Sculptu
re Trail and A Ceramics Display....
...both exhibitions are now part of the Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery displays. You can view them until early December...do go along and let us know what you think and post a note on here!

Here's the SCULPTURE GROUP, next to part ONE of their finished Sculpture Trail.....which explores the complex relationships between sculpural practices, materials and theories....you can even get invloved yourself and make a masterpiece!................The students got really involved in the processes of making the exhibition itself...as you can see...........................Looks like the Blue Peter Studio!............there's more to come (when I get the pics) on the CERAMICS GROUP Exhibition project....
Mark

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that I thought the Sculpture group made a great effort on the exhibition! I really loved the idea of Trafalgar Square-esque fourth plinth - I thought it was a great way of getting gallery visitors to become proactive. It has made me think about what I would do if I were to be involved in curating exhibitions in the future and has definitely made me think about the role of the curator in a very different way. Really good job!

    ReplyDelete