Search the blog

12 Feb 2012

MA Art Gallery & Museum Studies alumni in Hong Kong

Hello All,
I've just got back from a trip to China (I've got lots of pictures of museum visiting to share...watch this space!)...but whilst I was in China I met two of our ex MA students... George Chunwa Chan, and Hattie Lam...and have they done well since graduating in 2010 and 2011...!
George is currently teaching art history survey modules at the prestigious Hong Kong University.  Here he is, with his colleagues, and Dr Timon Screech, no less!  I was very honoured to have been asked to deliver a talk at the Department of Fine Art at HK University whilst I was in Hong Kong...and George also took me out for dinner...fantastic hospitality! 

Hattie has also done very well - she is assistant curator of art at the Hong Kong Museum of Art.  Hattie was also really kind to me (and Mrs M)...she invited us to the preview of the new exhibition at the HK Museum of Art - 'Fantastic Creatures', which had come from the British Museum in London.  It is a 'Fantastic' show.....(Hattie was also really generous and took me and Mrs M out for dinner....along with her boyfriend Matthew (in the pic below)

And here's Hattie (in the middle), with Dr Ivy Lin (curator of art at HK Museum of Art), and at the back, Matthew, (Hattie's boyfriend...and an artist!)...and me (not chewing a mint btw...god knows what I think I'm doing!)....The HK Museum of Art is fabulous, and Hattie also gave us a private tour of the galleries the next day...It was great to meet Ivy and the education team at the HK Museum of Art...I hope to go back soon!

Thanks George and Hattie!
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment